EMAIL FROM FIRST ENERGY:
FirstEnergy personnel are prepared to respond to service interruptions caused by a major winter storm which is expected to bring heavy snow and damaging ice across the company’s service area beginning Wednesday.
Customers who experience a service interruption due to the storm are encouraged to report their outage by calling 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877), texting OUT to LIGHTS (544487) or clicking the “Report Outage” link on www.firstenergycorp.com.
FirstEnergy encourages customers to plan for the possibility of power outages and cold
temperatures due to the impending winter storm by following these tips:
• Keep electronic devices such as cell phones, laptops and tablets fully charged.
• Have a car charger on-hand to charge mobile devices if your power is out. If you have a
smart phone, this will ensure you have access to online information sources.
• Keep a flashlight, portable radio and extra batteries handy in the event of a power
outage. Tune to a local station for current storm information.
• Gather extra blankets or a sleeping bag for each person.
• Do not use gas stoves, kerosene heaters or other open-flame heat sources to prevent
deadly carbon monoxide gas from building up in your home.
• If you have a water well and pump, keep an emergency supply of bottled water and/or
fill your bathtub with fresh water.
• Stock an emergency supply of convenience foods that do not require cooking.
• Consider having a hard-wired phone available to report an outage or emergency. A
plain, hard-wired phone can operate on power delivered through the phone line.
Operate Backup Generators Safely